Alaska Halibut Fishing Charters in Seward Alaska
NEW IN 2023 – Seward Fishing Charters Out Of Seward Alaska!
We are excited to announce we now offer Seward Fishing Charters on our Newest Vessel, the F/V Sound Crazy. She is a 46′ x 16′ Newton Hull with Delta style fit and finish. Powered by twin Cummins QSL 9 410 HP engines she has everything you need to get out on the grounds in comfort. Our clients meet us by the The Porthole coffee shop at 5:45am, which is adjacent to Ray’s Waterfront Restaurant. Charters depart from the Seward Boat Harbor at 6:00am. Please make sure you are on time. Parking is available in the Seward North Parking Lot.
Seward, Alaska sits at the head of Ressurection Bay which is only 18 miles from the Gulf of Alaska. The Gulf is known to hold Large Pacific Halibut and many other varieties of fish to include all 5 species of Salmon. It’s Alaska Halibut Fishing at it’s best!
Book A Halibut Combo Charter On F/V Sound Crazy in Seward AK
2023 CRAZY RAYS ADVENTURES SEWARD AK FISHING ITINERARY
*NO BANANAS ALLOWED*
Seriously no bananas, YOU’LL WALK THE PLANK!
Where to meet?
At J-Dock Seafood and Processing: 1408 4th Ave, Seward AK, no later than 5:45am for check in.
Someone with our crew will meet you there for a 6:00am departure.
How We Fish
We do not typically target the 28″ Halibut. We try to target Halibut that are above average size so everyone on the boat catches something better than the status quo. It is not normal to catch Halibut under 28″ where we target larger Halibut. This requires us to fish differently than other boats you might have been on in the past.
We cannot and will not PARTY fish. Party fishing means that you would be fishing for a boat limit of fish and not an individual limit. It is against the law to do so and we do not allow it on our vessels. If you choose to fish with us, the normal routine is that once you catch a keeper size Halibut, you stop fishing for bottom fish until we move to a different location to target other species. Typically, when you fish on a spot there is only so many keeper sized Halibut down there and if you have already caught a keeper and continue to fish on bottom, most likely you will catch another Halibut. However, we will have to release it because of the PARTY fishing rule. Then what happens is somebody on the boat stands a greater chance of going home empty handed. In order to be fair to everyone, we fish like this in ALL of our mixed group trips. If you do not like this idea, then Crazy Rays Adventures, LLC probably isn’t the right charter for you.
Now, if you would like to do something different than our normal routine, we are definitely up for that, it’s more convenient to have all 6 or 12 anglers on the boat of the same party (whole boat reservation), this needs to be discussed at time of booking and in the morning with your Captain so that he can lay out the day accordingly. For any questions, please feel free to contact our booking office, Brenda at 907-315-5382, or Captain Crazy Ray at 907-355-3182.
Please visit adfg.Alaska.gov to stay up to date on current Sport Fishing Regulations for our area, 3A (Southcentral Alaska) Fishing Regulations
Failure to arrive on time will result in a boat group decision, made by other paying customers, on whether or not they are willing to wait to depart the harbor. This is to ensure fairness to all other paying customers who booked for a full day’s trip. Arriving late results in time away from fishing for others that arrived on time. There are NO refunds should you not arrive on time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Our fishing vessel departs the Seward Harbor roughly around 6:00am and return to the harbor between 4pm and 7pm daily. Please be prepared and have your ID and fishing license on hand prior to boarding the boats. The F/V Sound Crazy is a 13 pack boat, no more than 13 anglers max.
What to bring for my Crazy Seward Adventure?
We provide bait, tackle, rod & reel, and filet at the end of the day.
You will need to bring the following…
1. Warm clothing, gloves, hat, in the event of cooler weather/ rain (typically in September)
2. Rain gear (recommended) bare minimum a rain coat. Regular tennis shoes are ok. Rain boots (recommended, not required) Water proof or water resistant shoes are ok to bring.
3. Lunch & Snacks for the day. Beverages of your choice. You may bring medium to small sized cooler, depending on size of your party. We do not provide meals on the boat.
4. Alcoholic beverages are allowed, however please remember to keep consumption within reason. This is a safety issue, DRUNK means we turn the boat around and there are NO REFUNDS. If you arrive drunk, you will not be boarding the boat!
5. Bring PRINTED copy of Fishing License or a signed digital copy is ok (NO PROXIES)
6. Trash bags WHITE and UNSCENTED. The local processor prefers these bags to take in your fish. They do not have to be white just make dang sure they’re unscented.
7. Ice chest/ Coolers for transporting your fish back home (If transporting your fish out of Seward) These do not need to be on the boat. Please keep them in your vehicle until we get back to port at the end of your fishing trip.
What not to bring!
• NO DRUGS – This includes THC/ Weed. Although legal in the state. It is ILLEGAL to have onboard and on Federal Waters.
• Glass Bottles
• No open toed shoes
• A bad attitude – There are no guarantees when it comes to fishing. Fishing is and will always be fishing, not catching. One guarantee is all our Captains work hard daily to put you on quality fish!
* Please don’t forget to tip your deckhand. Deckhands work for tips! Standard tip is 15% – 20% of the total cost of your fishing trip or an average of $80 per person*
Visit Seward Alaska – Seward Alaska Map
When traveling to Seward
Please depart with anticipated time to account for road construction when headed towards Seward. From Anchorage to Seward it is about a 2.5 hr drive.
1421 4th Ave, Seward AK 99664
Seward Harbor North Parking Lot is about a block from The Porthole. Please look for the parking meter box.
You may purchase your sport fishing licenses online at: www.adfg.alaska.gov Make sure to have a signed printed copy of your Sport fishing license or a signed digital copy on your smart phone prior to your fishing departure. ADF&G App
Non-Resident Anglers under the age of 16, do not need to purchase a sport fishing license.
Where to stay / Lodging in Seward
• Cherrywood Lane Getaway – www.cherrywoodlanegetaway.com
• For more options on lodging please also visit www.Seward.com
• VRBO www.vrbo.com
• AirBnB www.airbnb.com
Transportation/ Car Rentals/ Shuttles
• For more transportation options visit www.Seward.com
• Four Season Adventures: 907-744-4946 http://akshuttle.com
• Alaska Tour & Travel: 800-208-0200 www.alaskatravel.com
• Bear Valley Road Runner: 907-227-8174 www.bearvalleyroadrunner.com
• The Magic Bus: 907-230-6773 www.themagicbus.com
• Salmon Berry Travel & Tours: 907-278-3572 https://www.salmonberrytours.com
FISH PROCESSING/ SHIPPING FISH HOME
• J-DOCK SEAFOOD (Local in Seward): 907-224-7272 www.jdockcompany.com/wild-fish
• Indian Valley Meats: 907-653-7511 (Closer to Anchorage) https://indianvalleymeats.com/
• 10th and M Seafoods (Downtown Anchorage) 907-272-3474, https://10thandmseafoods.com/
• AK Trophy Expediters (Anchorage): 907-223-2666, www.aktrophyexpediters.com/
• Trapper Creek (Anchorage) 907-561-8088 www.thefishsmoker.com